According to scientists, there will be a major earthquake in the Bay Area in the next 30 years. There is a 72% chance that it will be an earthquake of a magnitude of 6.7 or higher, and a 50% chance of it being a magnitude of 7.0 or higher. With a potential disaster looming, it is extremely important that you are prepared in order to minimize damage and harm to yourself, your family, and your property. Do not wait until it is too late to get prepared.
There are many things you can do to prepare. Create a plan for you and your family to meet up. Practice the “duck and cover” drill with your family. Have an escape route planned and a place to meet up incase of an earthquake. Prepare disaster kits according to the needs in of your family.
– Do you have a meetup plan for your family in case of emergency?
– Did you practice the “duck and cover” drill?
– Is all of your furniture properly secured?
– Do you have an escape route planned?
– Do you have a place to meet up?
– Do you have an emergency kit?
You can learn more about these actions in the Get Prepared! section on our website.
Learn more about emergency family planning for earthquakes HERE
Learn more about what to do before, during, and after an earthquake HERE